Data Collection, Processing and Storage
How we collect your data
The information that concerns you and your personal data is collected through the website in the following moments:
1. When you contact us through the contact form or by sending an e-mail(s), the following data are collected: email address, name, subject of the contact and the message you are sending. We store the emails received for follow-up and archive purposes;
2. When you subscribe to the project newsletter through the project website and are asked to provide your email address;
How we use your data
We may use your information to:
1. Inform you about any changes or updates we make regarding the project’s services;
2. Alert you about relevant opportunities and activities (including project news, results, collaboration opportunities and event invitations);
3. Provide you with other information or services for which you have subscribed.
The information from the newsletter subscription process is inserted into a programme that manages and sends e-mails. Only your email is used for this purpose. Your information will be used for purposes directly related to the platform and/or project and will never be shared with third parties, such as marketing companies.
How we store your data
Your personal data will be kept for the minimum period of time necessary for the purposes described above and/or for compliance with legal obligations.
The minimum time required is the duration of the project plus additional three years. After this period, your data will be removed from the database.
In the registration and other forms that are used for the collection of personal data for events hosted by the project consortium members, GDPR policy statement is indicated on the forms to candidly state the usage and storage of data.
How we share your data
Your information will be shared only on request by the police or supervisory authorities when there is suspicion that an illegal act is being/has been committed or if this disclosure would allow an illegal act to be prevented; or as required or authorised by law.
What right you have over your data
You have full rights to request the erasure of any personal data about you that we hold. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In addition, you can request to i) access to your personal data, ii) alter your personal information, iii) apply limitations in the treatment of your personal data, and iv) access your personal data in a readable format. If you wish to make one or more of the aforementioned requests, you can contact the project at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your requests will be treated with care, so that we can ensure the effectiveness of your rights. You will be asked to prove your identity, so to ensure that personal data are shared only with the owner. Please note that, in certain cases and in accordance with applicable law, your request may not be satisfied immediately or in full. In all cases, you will be informed of the measures taken, within 30 days from the time the request is received by the project coordinator.
What is the legal standing in the treatment and processing of your data
Your data will only be saved if you express your consent by sending an e-mail or submitting an online form to contact the PERISCOPE project consortium. Your consent applies to the following domain: https://periscopeproject.eu/
Embedded content from other websites
Functionality of Cookies
What Cookies are
Types of cookies
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to login to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyse how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
PERISCOPE website using cookies
Similar to most online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for a number of purposes:
1. First-party or Necessary cookies: these are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data. These cookies are always enabled on the PERISCOPE website.
2. Third-party or Non-Necessary cookies: these are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you and providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website. Although these cookies are not always necessary, they are, however, enabled on the PERISCOPE website.
How you can change the cookie preferences
Contact possibility via the website
The PERISCOPE project website contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to the project consortium through two e-mail addresses. If you contact the controller by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data that you transmit are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting or following up with you. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
The contact e-mail address for all enquiries or requests related to PERISCOPE Horizon 2020 project is email@example.com.
Last updated: February 1, 2021
For further information please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org